Food Permits

Anytime food is sold to the public, a permit must be obtained except for cottage food sales (see Texas Cottage Food Law in Food Service Guidance). If the food sales are for an event, fundraiser or benefit, a temporary food permit is required. The fee may be waived for charitable organizations on a case-by-case basis. 

A food health inspection may be conducted prior to the start of the event.

To apply for a food permit, visit the My Government Online website.

For questions or more information, contact the Environmental Health department.

Related Documents