Consumer Fireworks Use

Consumer fireworks are legal in unincorporated areas of Chambers County unless prohibited by a County Judge's Order pursuant to a declared drought or other emergency situation.

  • Check the laws of local jurisdictions concerning fireworks. Currently, the cities of Anahuac, Baytown, Mont Belvieu, and Old River-Winfree have ordinances prohibiting fireworks sales or use within their city limits.

Fireworks Stand/Retail Sales

A permit is required from the state in order to operate a fireworks stand or retail fireworks sales site.

A "Fireworks - Retail Sales" permit and seasonal inspection by Chambers County Fire Marshal's Office are also required to operate a fireworks stand or retail site.

Fireworks or Pyrotechnic Display Permits

A permit is required from Chambers County to conduct a fireworks or pyrotechnics display of Fireworks 1.3G, or a display of Fireworks 1.3G or 1.4G before a proximate audience. Permit applications may be submitted via the My Government Online Website.

Related Documents